Friday 2 October 2020

Today Is Match Day

 

Today is match day, there I said it without any precursor, pure and simple, today is match day. For the first time since July 1st my attention is completely, totally and utterly focused on a game of football.

 

The frets, tears, despair, helplessness, anger, frustration, confusion, bitterness and outright desolation that have blighted my everyday throughout this administration have gone and been replaced with a sense of relief.

 

I would not have believed that I could have gone through such a dark period; I knew I loved, and I mean loved, our football club, but come on, it’s just a football club, isn’t it?

 

I now realise, without any doubt, just how much the club is a part of my life. The pain I felt watching us, as I believed, slowly die was unbearable. I know I was not alone with these feelings, many of our Latics community have spoken with me about how they’ve also felt the pain and anguish, I’ve also read it on social media and in published articles, I have heard it in interviews and seen it through the various campaigns. We have all been affected by this, but now there is light, hope of a new dawn and a way forward to a positive new beginning.

 

So we can look forward to a game this afternoon, watching our lads, play for our club, win, lose or draw I will enjoy it because at last, enjoying a game of football is all that matters.

 

A couple of light, match day articles in the links below, have a read and let the stresses of the past three months float away.

 

Meet The Ref - Carl Boyeson 

 

Any Previous? Latics v Donny 

 

Also if you’ve got time (1 hr) why not grab a listen to the latest PWU Latics podcast, Supporters Club chief Caroline Molyneux joined us for a chat, makes for an interesting listen.

 

Also the lads over at The Pie At Night have a podcast out, lots for us fans to get ourselves in the mood for the Donny game with.

 

Enjoy 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment